Top 10 murphy's laws
1. If something can go wrong, it will.
2. If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
3. Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.
4. Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.
5. The chance of the bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
6. The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
7. Technology is dominated by those who manage what they do not understand.
8. The opulence of the front office decor varies inversely with the fundamental solvency of the firm.
9. Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.
10. The first myth of management is that it exists.